Click here for a pdf of the following poster.
Welcome to the official website of the
Nanaimo District Teachers’ Association
The Nanaimo District Teachers’ Association (NDTA) represents teachers who work in 40 schools in School District #68 (Nanaimo/Ladysmith) serving approximately 14 000 students. Established in 1930, the NDTA has consistently been involved in the promotion of the cause of Public Education.
Over the past 80 years, the NDTA has endeavoured to:
- foster and promote the cause of public education
- raise the status of the teaching profession
- promote the professional development of members
- promote the welfare of members
- represent its members and to regulate relations with the employer through the collective bargaining of terms and conditions of employment
The NDTA has members teaching students from a multitude of communities including:
|East Wellington||North Oyster|
|Extension||Snaw-Naw-As (Nanoose) First Nation|
|Gabriola Island||Snu ney muxw (Nanaimo) First Nation|
|Ladysmith||Stz'uminus (Chemainus) First Nation|